[HPADM] Script Question

From: COUNTERMAN, DANIEL (CONTRACTOR) (DANIEL.COUNTERMAN@DFAS.MIL)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 09:35:24 EDT

All,

        I am trying to see if it is possible to use a configuration file within a script and pass a parameter to the configuration file.

Here is an example of what I am trying to do:

In /dfas/cfg/imagestore.cfg:
export ENVIRONMENT=/prod/oracle/scofvp1p
export OMDBA_HOME=/shared/home/dcounter/scripts/imgobj_scripts
export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.4
EXPORTFILE="/$1/prod/wang/oix/$2 -anon=65535,root=fcohp16:fcohp16f:fcosun01:fcosun01e:fcosun04e"

In the script I want to be able to pass the variable filevolume to $1 and imagestore to $2 in the configuration file and use EXPORTFILE as the variable throughout the script. This will be used on multiple servers, so I want to be able to just change the configuration file and not the script which would contain the hardcoded servers going to the /etc/exports file.

Is this possible? Or does anyone have an idea of how I can do something like this?

Thanks,

Dan