[HPADM] EMC NAS Celerra backup using Data Protector

From: Fidel Ramirez (fidel.ramirez@tmag.com)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 12:45:29 EDT

Hi Admins,

We are running Data Protector 5.1 to backup Unix and NT/Windows systems.

An EMC NAS Celerra CX600 was added to our configuration and now we need to
backup it up.

I know that there are NDMP-based, Network-based and manual (or local)
backups to do this task.

I’m interested in a network-based backup using Data Protector where the
Celerra-based file system is mounted on the backup server.

Does anyone have done this before?

Please advice.

Fidel Ramirez
Sr. System Administrator
760.918.6104

Taylor Made - Adidas Golf Company
5545 Fermi Court
Carlsbad, CA 92008

fidel.ramirez@tmag.com <mailto:fidel.ramirez@tmag.com>
http://www.taylormadegolf.com/
http://www.adidasgolf.com/
http://www.rossaputters.com/
http://www.maxfli.com/

This email and any attachments contains privileged and confidential
information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not an
intended recipient of this email, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, copying or use of information within it is strictly
prohibited. If you received this email in error or without authorization,
please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete all
copies of the e-mail and any attachments from your system. If you need any
further assistance, please send a message to postmaster@taylormade-golf.com
<mailto:postmaster@taylormade-golf.com>