[HPADM] RE: ftp only account (Summary)

From: Javier Zayas (javier_zayas@cuc.claremont.edu)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 13:28:56 EDT

Thanks to all the folks who answered my query. Turns out that this is quite
a simple task after all if you stop thinking of how to make things harder.
The solution was to make sure you have a false/nologin (or something along
those lines) in /etc/shells and then create the login with that as it's
shell. This will allow the user to ftp in, but not to have shell access. And
don't forget about password expirations, which was something I was reminded
of as well.

Javier Zayas
System Administrator
x73143