[HPADM] Summary: HP Data Protector

From: Ted.Fisher@dana.com
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 11:16:24 EDT

Thanks to Roberta Clark, Harry.Pfeffer, Mike E. White, Nuno Vitoria, Rick Starr,
Vance_Brasher, and Bill Hassel for the replies. The consensus was that
Data Protector will back up the opened files as expected. We are
using BCVs for the Databases, so there's no issue there. There are
application executables that are opened that we wanted to be sure
will get backed up even if users have them opened. Looks like
Data Protector will take care of them just as Omni Back did.
Special thanks to Mike White for the good feedback on using
Data Protector in Unix and Windows environment.

Thanks.

Ted F. Fisher
Dana Corporation
Global Information Technology Group