[HPADM] FW: Summary - root console access (hp-ux) - UPDATE

From: Kazakin, Leon (Leon.Kazakin@CIBC.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 11:56:53 EDT

Thanks to Mark and Roger.
There's a workaround:

I just had this problem last night and made this discovery. If I do have a special character in the passwd, put a backslash in front of that character when entering the passwd. Worked for me (and then changed to password to get rid of it.)

Mark

If you have a special char in your passwd, depending on the terminal,
you'll need to backslash-escape it (i.e. put a "\" in front of the special
char).

-Roger