[HPADM] CDE startup issue

From: Joe @ Southcott (@)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 17:49:33 EST

Hi guys,

Newbie to HPUX here. I have a C3000 running HPUX-11i. Install is fine,
when loading the gui I get an error dialog saying -

The desktop message system could not be started, to correct this problem
- blah blah blah do a failsafe login and check the etc/hosts file.

i did this, hosts file contains localhost at 127.x.x.x also entry for
hpbox.domain.com at private ip of 192.168.100.26.

what's the deal banana peal? i'm lost.

could someone please be able to help :-(

----------------------------
Josef Davis
I.T. Administration
Brisbane Branch
Southcott Pty Ltd

Ph: (+61-7) 3375 4499
Fx: (+61-7) 3375 4488
Mob:
Email: josef@hydraulics.com.au
Web: www.hydraulics.com.au <http://www.hydraulics.com.au/>
----------------------------

Disclaimer:

This document should be read only by those persons to whom it is
addressed and its content is not intended for use by any other persons.
If you have received this message in error, please destroy and delete
the message and notify us immediately.

Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message is strictly
prohibited. Southcott Pty Ltd does not guarantee the security of any
information electronically transmitted.

Southcott Pty Ltd is not liable for the proper and complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication, nor for any delay in
its receipt.

THE USE OF THIS EMAIL FOR ANY ILLEGAL PURPOSE OR FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER
THAN AS
PERMITTED BY Southcott Pty Ltd IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.