[HPADM] hp-ux 11.0 - snmp system.sysUpTime.0 versus uptime command

From: Sid Shapiro (sid_shapiro@bio-rad.com)
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 16:43:23 EST

Hello,
I've recently started to track uptime using the snmp
system.sysUpTime.0 and I've noticed that it doesn't seem to track very
well with actual system uptime (or at least as reported by the uptime
command).

It looks as though if the snmpd dies and restarts the snmp reported
uptime is really that of the snmpd. On the other hand a user pointed
out to me that on one 10.20 system, the uptime was reported at 155
days but the system.sysUpTime.0 reported 257 days!

Can anyone shed any light on this?
Thanks,
/ Sid /