[HPADM] SUMMARY: Instructions on how to write to a CD-RW drive

From: Whittemore, Dale (dale.whittemore@lmco.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 15:14:27 EST

Thanks to Bill Hassell, Corne Beerse, Eef Hartman, Steven Bonds, Allan Marillier, Ed Schernau and Thomas Henning.
All were in agreement that CDRecord, now named CDTools, is how to write to a CD.
As it turns out, a co-worker who has been out since I was assigned this task, pointed me to some PDF docs he had in his home directory that came off of a CD that shipped with the A785xA CD-RW units that are in the B-, C- and J-Class workstations. Lo and behold, both cdrtools-1.10 and xcdroast-0.98 are installed in the /opt/OpenSource directory.
According to the README.pdf, HP only supports the creation of bootable HP-UX CD from the command line, cdrtools, and duplicate bootable cd's if created with both the GUI, xcdroast, and command line utilities. They also support Track-at-once recording if done with either and Data recording of any file type. All other uses they do not support.

Thanks again

Dale A. Whittemore
Computer Systems Analyst, Senior
Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Denver, Colorado