[HPADM] Question on Serviceguard+oracle 9i

From: Mohan Sundaram (Mohan_Sundaram@emitac.ae)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 07:30:10 EST

Hi Folks,

I have an installation where 2 HP-UX 11i (rp7410) systems are configured in serviceguard 11.15. Oracle people are installing 9i Infrastructure on the setup. They have put a startup and halt script for the package, wherein they are explicitly modifying the hostname by

hostname <virtual IP hostname>

I have a concern if this is a correct practice. Whenever I move the package and test, it modifies the hostname. I cannot restart the cluster without rebooting or manually modifying the hostname back to its original name.

In case of a LAN heartbeat failure the package may switch to the adoptive node and both the primary and adoptive nodes may have the same Hostnames in that scenario.

Any of you have encountered this problem? if so, how was this tackled?

Thanks in Advance.

With regards,
Mohan.