[HPADM] LVM: mirror 2 different disks

From: Sabrina Lautier (slautier@amadeus.net)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 05:20:37 EST

HP admin,

On my L2000 server (HP-UX 11.0), the 2 internal system disks are both
mirrored with LVM.
The slave disk recently failed and I need to change it.
Here is it reference: SEAGATE - ST318404LC1- 7366MB

This machine is quite old now and we haven't got any more support for it.
This disk reference doesn't exist and so our retailer proposes another
one: SEAGATE ST336607LC 36.4GB

This one is bigger and so I'm wandering if:
 - LVM will be able to reconstruct the mirror easily
 - I could replace it without halting the machine (the internal system
disks are "hotplug")

Can anybody help my on this issue ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,