[HPADM] Summary SSH2

From: Buddy Mills (ramill@wm.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 16:35:39 EST

Sorry it took so long to recap but I am still playing with this one.

Thanks to:
Prasad Pillarisetti
Eric Mazur
Frank Bonnet
Eef Hartman
David Lodge
Anil Rajapure
Julius Szelagiewicz
Chris Wong and his pub. http://newfdawg.com/docs/HP-SSH_Explained.PDF

Many varied answers
Most popular answer...to set ssh to start from /etc/inetd.conf and then use
the inetd.sec to controls
Another one...turn off use sftp completely and use "scp"

>Orginal Question: We presently use ssh 3.61 from the HP website on HPUX
11.00. All is secure and well except we need to limit the user that have
access to ssh and / or sftp. Before ssh I was able to pick and choose who
could telnet and who could ftp or both via client IP address in the
inetd.sec file. Is there way to accomplish this with secure shell via IP
address or userlogin?

Buddy Mills
The College of William and Mary
ramill@wm.edu <mailto:ramill@wm.edu> 757.221.2099