[HPADM] Slow archive log sync times on Oracle SID BCV

From: Abramson, Stuart (SAbramson@Wabtec.com)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 15:00:33 EST

EMC List:
Hpux-admins:

> I did a BCV refresh cycle (unmounted/synched/split/mounted) of a new BCV
> SID "DEV" today for a DBA.
>
> The timings were:
>
> VG HVs Size Minutes
>
> Software 4 x 8.6 GB = 34 GB 8
> Database: 26 x 8.6 GB = 224 GB 14
> Arch Logs 1 x 8.6 GB = 9 GB 29
>
> For some reason, the Archive Logs, which occupies the smallest space,
> takes the longest to synchronize. I believe we have seen this on the
> other BCV SIDs as well.
>
> BCV synch time should be directly proportional to changed tracks. This
> probably means that the Archive Logs, on only 1 hypervolume, changed more
> since the last split than the database, which sits on 26 hypervolumes, (or
> the software, which of course, doesn't change all that much.)

Is there a reason for this? Is it normal? Have other people noticed
anything like this?

> Stuart
>

> Stuart Abramson | Off: 412/825-1434 | Cell: 412/417-1567 | email:
> sabramson@wabtec.com

***** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE *****
The content contained in this e-mail transmission is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named herein. If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited.