[HPADM] Various problems with a B2000

From: ho.gundersen@c2i.net
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 05:06:16 EST

Dear Admins!

I have just installed 10.20 on a HP B2000 workstation.

I have two problems:

1. When I connect the SCSI disk to the internal scsi interface, the install disk does not find the harddisk... do I miss a driver??
Strange enough, if i type search during startup time, the disk is found by boot system....why ??

2. I connected the new disk via add-on pci scsi card, and now, the disk is found by the system.
But when install is finished, the VUE enviroment won't start... The /var/vue/Xerror says:

"The Xserver cannot be started on "my hostname":0
Xcollector failed to load shared library
/usr/lib/X11/Xserver/modules/screens/hp/food.1
Xcollector unresolved external
Xcollector unable to load modules for broker, pinn.1
Fatal server error
Xserver rejected inst DLD brokerbidding on screen entries i X0screens"

Any help would be nice!

Regards
Hans Olav Gundersen
Admin-Newbee