[HPADM] SUMMARY: Solid State Disks...

From: Taylor, Vince (Vince.Taylor@logicacmg.com)
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 09:00:45 EST

Hi all,

Not much of a summary I am afraid.

No-one could suggest a better solution (in a similar price range), and
no-one commented on the RAMSan solid state disk. I did get one suggestion
to check out the SolidData (www.soliddata.com) as an option and that its
performance improvement on an Oracle database was impressive. We have
already looked at soliddata in the past, and are looking for an different
supplier.

Anyway, thanks for your time,

Cheers,

Vince

> From: "Taylor, Vince" <Vince.Taylor@logicacmg.com>
> Date: 2003/11/25 Tue AM 04:41:59 CST
> CC: "Taylor, Vince" <Vince.Taylor@logicacmg.com>
> Subject: [HPADM] FW: Solid State Disks...
>

> Hi,
>
> We have an OLTP type application, running the Informix database, in
general
> hitting 2K pages randomly across our database. We are getting into a
> situation where we need more performance on our disk systems (currently
> VA7410s). We do not need large amounts of disk (in general 50GB would be
> more than adequate), we use the VA7410 for the caching and the spindles.
We