[HPADM] Sysinfo issue summary

From: IlicR@stentor.ca
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 15:18:43 EST

Thanks to Tom, Fidel and Bill Hassell for response. As usual Bill's solutions
solved problem. That software was running for a long time without any problem.
According my logs it was fired every month for last two year. Last month I added
some patches and somehow STM got broken.
Few servers were affected ( sysadmin -ab is running as cron). Mostly without any
impact.
Only one was making trouble where that process was growing up to maxdsize !?? At
least is good idea to run sysadmin after you add patches.

Response from Bill:

 Common problem. The online diagnostics (STM, or specifically, the cstm program)
  is broken. My guess is that a simple cstm command like this:

      echo "selclass qualifier memory;info;wait;infolog" | /usr/sbin/cstm

  will hang or fail. The only fix is to install the latest diagnostic package
from your
  SupportPlus CDROM. Unfortunately, the diagnostics have been removed from the
  ITRC pages under SupportPlus. To avoid the problem, you can turn off the
execute
  bits for cstm and stm for now until you can get the diags working again.

One more time thank you for help.