[HPADM] Re: root password lost B2000

From: Sudhansu Dora (s_dora@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 08:52:37 EST

Hi Hans

Did you check by using "su -". If that works then you
need to delete the file /etc/securetty where console
would be there. If su - does not work, have you ever
created any other admin user with reboot access. If
not, you need to give hard reboot.

If your system has GSP console and have access, then
do a reset via TOC; but make sure you stop all
necessary applications that are running on the server.

T&R
Sudhansu

 --- ho.gundersen@c2i.net wrote: > Dear admins!