[HPADM] VA7100 Luns

From: Jim Langston (jlangston@northeastmedical.org)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 16:07:52 EST

Folks,

We are in the process of planning a migration to a SAN environment. I currently have a N4000 system with a VA7100 with 15x73GB disks connected to my host via fiber, each controller going to 2 different HBA's. My plans are to use the existing HBA's in the host to connect to the SAN switches and hang the VA7100 off the SAN. Right now, one path to the VA7100 is /dev/dsk/c9t0d0-c9t0d4 and the other path is /dev/dsk/c11t0d0-c11t0d4. When I move the VA7100 to the SAN, if I use my current HBA's (i.e. the i/o path on the host will remain the same), will my /dev/dsk names change? My thinking is it shouldn't, but then again, I don't know how the fabric switches will act in the move. Has anyone done this, and if so, do you have any procedures to make this move?

TIA,

Jim