[HPADM] cpio performance

From: Gary March (G.March@nib.com.au)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 19:10:55 EST

I have a cpio backup performance issue I need help with.

I have 2 HP servers running HPUX 11.0. One of these, a K460, backs up 9.5GB
of data
using cpio onto a DLT7000 in less than 2 hours. This is acceptable.

An L3000 backs up 15.6 GB onto a DLT8000 in approx. 9 hours. This is
excessive.

Both systems have a similar mix of files and file systems - one is
production
while other is the test/devel environment for the production server.

Both sets of backup are done overnight when system activity is minimal.

The L3000 is running Veritas Volume manager.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers