[HPADM] Problems saving large files in dtpad

From: Kevin (kevinjk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 19:31:09 EST

Hi all,

It doesn't happen a lot but occasionally I'll get a users that have
trouble saving large files in dtpad. They were working with files ranging
in size from 50 MB to 75 MB. They say the error they get is "out of
memory" and/or "possible memory issue". One user says it will usually
work okay if he logs out and then goes back into dtpad but by then he has
lost his changes from the previous session. I have tested to death with
the same file one of the the users had the problem with while having
several memory intensive applications running in the background on my
workstation and have been unable to repeat the problem so far. I've asked
them what other applications they had running at the time and based on
what they told me they should not have been anywhere close to running low
on memory. Are there any known issues with saving large files in dtpad?
We're running HP-UX 11.00 on J6000, J6700, and J6750. Thanks a lot.

--
Kevin