[HPADM] SCSI: Read error

From: Sabrina Lautier (slautier@amadeus.net)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 09:34:06 EDT

All,

Since the 15th of September, we're getting the same error message in
/var/adm/syslog/syslog.log file:
<date> <server> vmunix: SCSI: Read error -- dev: b 31 0x022000, errno: 126,
resid: 2048,
<date> <server> vmunix: blkno: 8, sectno: 16, offset: 8192, bcount:
2048.

This error is reported more than every seconds.
I'm trying to find where the Pb is, but I'm quite new to HP-UX (I know
SunOS pretty well, but HP-UX not at all...).

This HP server has 2 internal disks and a EMC disk array attached to it.
This disk array is monitored by EMC and they told me that this Pb is not
related to it.

The Pb should then come from the internal disks (SEAGATE T318203LC).
PS: how to check if these disks are SCSI or IDE one ?

Does anybody have ever experienced a such Pb ?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Rgds

Sabrina Lautier
Amadeus SAS