[HPADM] Ability to Monitor System Temps?

From: Whittemore, Dale (dale.whittemore@lmco.com)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 11:58:05 EDT

I thought I read somewhere that it was possible to obtain a realtime ambient system temperature from a 9000 server.
Is this true or not? I know Sun systems can as we are already doing that so I would think that HP's can as well. The only info in the ITRC I have found is about a system overtemp being recorded in the diag_log and a patch that is supposed to generate a warning first before shutting down the system.

If it is possible, can anyone direct me to any documentation on how, or tell me how.

Thanks

Dale A. Whittemore
Computer Systems Analyst, Senior
Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Denver, Colorado