[HPADM] HP-UX 11.11 Patches

From: Ben Le (ble@pcc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 20:13:11 EDT

Hi List,

I just want to know how others doing the patches on HP-UX. I am very tired
with the HP-UX patches. It's taking lots of my times just trying to keep up
all the HP-UX patches. Here are the options, and what is the good option to go?
1. Apply patches when receive email from HP "ITRC Patch Bulletin' - I can't
keep up with this and can't afford to reboot systems every times.
2. Ask HP to do the patches analysis quarterly - This will cost money (ASE
days).
3. Download SupportPlus bundle then apply all missing patches. - Is this a
good idea to do?

Thanks.

Benjamin Le
Sr. Systems Administrator