[HPADM] Env output - DT variables showing when they weren't befor e

From: Scott Adderson (BA/EML) (scott.adderson@ericsson.com)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 10:35:03 EDT

Hi Admins,

I've been doing some work switching the NIS master from our old 10.20 server to our new 11.00 server. Seemingly no problem, but when checking all was OK, I executed 'env' for my user profile and got a whole bunch of lines I'd not seen before with lots of %'s in them. Thinking there was a problem, I reset the NIS master to the old server, planning to dig deeper the following day.

Since then, using 'env' from a regular CDE login produces the same information, which appears to be related to the CDE env settings, which I'd never seen before, e.g. DTDATABASESEARCHPATH, XMICONBMSEARCHPATH amongst others. It doesn't seem to be causing anyone a problem, and using su - username then responds with an env output that I would expect to see (without all the 'extra' variables).

Looking around on the web it looks as though it should be possible to unset these with a line in the /$HOME/.cshrc, but I'm intrigued to work out where this change is coming from? I'm guessing there's a difference somewhere between the old and new servers, but I'm not sure where to check.

Any ideas? TIA, I will summarise...

/Scott
Scott Adderson
Senior Engineer, Unix Support