[HPADM] RE: SUMMARY - couldn't query physical volume

From: Naylor, Jim (Jnaylor@Schnucks.com)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 12:49:06 EDT

Thanks to Mohan Sundaram, Stuart Abramson, Jack Gallagher, and Don Manley
for their responses. In general it will take some down time to
vgexport/vgimport the volume group. I tried to do a vgreduce -f but that
did not work. Don Manley suggested doing a vgchange -a n /dev/vg then a
vgchange -a y /dev/vg then the vgreduce -f /dev/vg. I am not able to do
this until the next scheduled down time at which time I will try all the
suggestions. The system has two other paths an does use EMC PowerPath so
everything is still running ok.

Thanks,
Jim Naylor
Unix Systems Administrator