[HPADM] RE: new DNS server - entry on resolv.conf

From: Abramson, Stuart (SAbramson@Wabtec.com)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 08:58:13 EDT

Put them BOTH in your resolv.conf for the switchover period. You can have
two names in there. then remove the old one after the new one stabilizes.

Here is ours (we have two DNS name servers for reliability or performance or
something..):

# cat /etc/resolv.conf
search wabtec.com wcc.wabtec.com wab.wabtec.com wab.wabco-rail.com
nameserver 172.20.203.21 # wccnts001.wabtec.com
nameserver 172.20.203.22 # wccnts002.wabtec.com
#nameserver 166.109.1.3 # ns.digex.com <== Old one...

    Stuart

Stuart Abramson | Off: 412/825-1434 | Cell: 412/417-1567 | email:
sabramson@wabtec.com