[HPADM] VPARs and Memory

From: Orwig, Paul (PORWIG@PacificLife.com)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 20:37:36 EDT

I'm confused...

We have a 4 cpu node carved equally into 2 two-cpu vpars with 4GB ram each.
Looking at SAM-Performance Monitors-System Properties, the vpars show the
following:

Dynamic Tab:

                        vpar #1 vpar #2
Active Processors 2 2
Memory:
Physical 4081.7MB 4089.7MB
Real Active 1307193.4 KB 2045035.8 KB
Virtual Active 1455147.7 KB 2772253.5 KB
Free Memory Pages 505335 at 4 KB/page 10589 at 4 KB/page

While vpar #1 has a much larger defined swap space, I don't understand why
it shows a much smaller Active Memory space.

Both systems run Oracle and Informatica and run similar jobs.
VPAR #1 runs out of memory and locks up while vpar #2 runs the same job
without a problem.

Any ideas?

Paul Orwig
Pacific Life

The information in this e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of the
intended recipient and may contain privileged and confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of this message or attachment is strictly prohibited. If you
believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender
immediately and delete the e-mail and all of its attachments.