[HPADM] SUMMARY: "KB LOCKD" message(?):

From: Helfenbein, Henry (Henry.Helfenbein@sanmina-sci.com)
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 18:53:10 EDT

Thanks for the responses!

The correct answer came from Bill Hassell (please see below for his reply).
He must be tired of hearing it from many of us by now, but thanks again
Bill.

Unfortunately, I went ahead two minutes BEFORE I received his email answer
and disconnected the power. This, in fact did reset the console as Bill
Hassell said it would. I'm not sure how it got locked, but pulling the plug
on the monitor fixed it to where I could exit out of root shell.

Thanks again,
Henry Helfenbein
UNIX Systems Administrator
SANMINA-SCI, Inc - Phoenix, AZ

BILL'S REPLY:

Hi,

Nothing whatsoever to do with HP-UX. This is a local terminal condition,
almost always caused
by someone cat'ing a binary file to the console which contains binary
patterns that lock the
terminal. The HP terminal is a smart terminal and very useful for reliable
data entry.

The simplest way to remove the ketboard lock is to cycle power on the
terminal. The other
method is to Press the SysTemUser key, then F4 MODES and pressk the keyboard
lock
key to remove the lock condition in the terninal.

--
Best regards,
Bill Hassell