[HPADM] Configuring NFS on HP-UX 11 to Use Fixed Ports

From: Sanil Gopal (sgopal@hq.odedodea.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 16:24:10 EDT

Greetings,

The archives did have similar postings on the subject but no satisfactory solutions.

'am attempting to restrict NFS services on HP-UX 11.0 - rpc.lockd, rpc.statd and rpc.mountd, to use specific ports as we intend configuring the firewall to export filesystems to the external network on a need-to basis.

If any of you have successfully implemented this task before, please do share the invaluable details. I will summarize all helpful responses.

TIA,