[HPADM] update-ux hpux11i / RAID-Controller

From: Andreas Fischer (fischer@science-computing.de)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 09:38:24 EDT

Hello,

I succeeded in updating our L-class Server from HP-UX11.00 to HP-UX11.11

Well, nearly.

After rebooting I found the following message in the syslog:

  The Fibre Channel PCI Tachyon card adapter (A3740A) is
  NOT supported on HP-UX version 11.11 or later.
  Instead, you should use the Fibre Channel PCI Tachyon TL
  card adapter (A5158A).

As a result I cannot access my RAID-Device...
I have never changed a Fibre Channel card adapter. But will have to do
so during the next days.
Have you ever done something like this?
What are the chances that everything works fine and I will have access to
the data after changing the adapter?

Thank you for your replies!

Andreas Fischer