[HPADM] resync of mirrored root disks

From: Julius Szelagiewicz (julius@turtle.com)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 16:08:11 EDT

Dear Admins,
        On production L2000, HPUX 11.0, I had my vg00 set up with 3 disks
- every lvol mirrored and spared. After the boot drive failed and got
replaced, using the procedure from the HP doc on replacing an LVM disk,
SAM shows 2 mirrors, and no spares. At reboot I found out the hard way
that the boot drive was not resync'ed - system ISL boots on primary path
but can not load hpux.
        This would not be so bad in itself, but now the disk set as
alternate boot is acting up. What should I do to make absolutely,
positively sure that the boot drive is sync'ed and that the replacement
drive would get sync'ed as well. Should I do anything to get the vg00
lvols show up with mirror and spare? Tia, julius