[HPADM] SUMMARY: Anyway to increase NGROUPS?

From: Greg Francis (francis@gonzaga.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 16:26:10 EDT

I received several responses to this message. All of them basically gave
me the same answer. Increasing NGROUPS just isn't possible since it's a
fundamental part of the kernel, libc, etc. Also, there would be
performance and other issues if it were to be increased.

We ultimately resolved the problem by installing JFS (since we're using
VxFS) and using ACLs. This method actually seems to be working a lot
better for us than using auxiliary groups.

Thanks to those that responded.

Greg

Greg Francis Gonzaga University
Sr. System Administrator Spokane Washington
francis@gonzaga.edu 509-323-6896