[HPADM] [SUMMARY] Health script

From: Deepak John Cutinha (deepak_cutinha@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 04:45:22 EDT

hpux-admin@DutchWorks.nl
Query :

A scipt to monitor Volumes/Disks Hardware status/Disk
space utilizations...

Basically I wanted commands for

Checking all the Volumes are fine and healthy

Checking all the Hardware is firne and heathy

Any suggestions

Thankyou for all those who responded..Here is the
summary :
----------------
Abramson, Stuart

Buy glancepakplus on the clients and PerfView or ITO
on a master server.
----------------
Bill Hassell - Answer which resolved my query

Start with lvlnboot -v (shoulod be no errors)
Check the / mountpoint (must never be /dev/root as
this means a problem)
Check the amount of free space on each volume (red
flag for 85-90% full)
Check the volume group details with vgdisplay -v (look
for errors on stderr)
Check mirror status (if used) with lvdisplay -v (look
for stale)
Check that all disks respond to diskinfo (find the
disks with ioscan -kfCdisk)
Check the directory structure with bdf and du
As with all flavors of Unix, check syslog.log for
error messages

As far as hardware, cstm (part of the online
diagnostics) must be installed
and then you can script diagnostic test. Checking
tapes and CDROMs and LAN
cards will be tricky. You should also have the EMS
diagnostic system enabled
(automatic with normal installs). EMS will log
hardware errors in syslog.
---------------
Beger, Joel

Install ems software from hp (free download). It does
all of this and more
plus gives you a hardware examination and testing
tool.
---------------------
Aynal Hossain

I think you are looking for a script for system
information status that is
health of the system.
However, I'm looking for solaris please give me i'll
give you HP ready made.
Brett Geer

load stm

Thanks Once Again!!