[HPADM] Summary: K570 Boot Limitations?

From: Justin Willoughby (jwilloug@mhc.net)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 09:48:03 EDT

It sounds like everyone agrees that it should not matter which scsi bus or which slot a scsi card is installed in.

Thanks to all who replied (Donna F., Stephan O., Jeff C.)!

- Justin

==================
 Justin Willoughby
 Computer Operations

>>> "Justin Willoughby" <jwilloug@mhc.net> 07/10/03 03:15PM >>>

I have a quick question I think:

Are there limitations to what scsi interfaces on what busses a K570 can boot from?

We are going to be getting a 2nd K570 to MC/SG to an existing K570 we have. Our current setup has both mirror drives on the same scsi bus that is connected to the scsi that is built into the main Core I/O board. I want to have the mirrored disks on different SCSI busses.

My question is, can HPUX / K570 boot off a drive connect to a A2969A HSC SCSI card installed in a HSC Expansion I/O on the K570?

I did not know if there is a limitation as such that you can only boot off specific SCSI cards or busses.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

- Justin