[HPADM] Omniback question: users and permissions.

From: Ronelle Van Neikerk (Ronelle.VanNeikerk001@msd.govt.nz)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 19:43:44 EDT

Hi guys,

I'm almost completely new to the omniback sde of things so please bear
with me.

ONe of the other admins has come to me with this question (becasue I am
taking over the position of someone who is an omniback expert) and I
said I would look into it for him.

He has set up a group and given it rights to Monitor, Abort, Mount
request, Start restore, Restore to other clients, Restore from other
users and See private objects. I would assume this just alows them to
restore data and control that restore process.

The problem is that they are just users and will only need to do
restores on 2 win2k servers but all the servers are listed in their
restore view. We want to minimise the risk of mistakes (the server names
are all very similar) and only allow them to see their 2 servers.

Is there any way to do this?

-Ronelle van Niekerk

 -------------------------------
 This email message and any attachment(s) is intended only for the
 person(s) or entity(entities) to whom it is addressed. The
 information it contains may be classified as IN CONFIDENCE and may be
 legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient any use,
 disclosure or copying of the message or attachment(s) is strictly
 prohibited. If you have received this message in error please
 notify us immediately and destroy it and any attachment(s).
 Thank you. The Ministry of Social Development accepts no
 responsibility for changes made to this message or to any
 attachment(s) after transmission from the Ministry.