[HPADM] Scripting Question

From: Scott Linden (sdlinden@bluebunny.com)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 12:27:12 EDT

I am trying to write a script that will take output from a command or
parse a file to get certain information from within the output or file.

The output or file has a lot of unnecessary information and I either
need to read in the data starting at a certain line number and ending at
a certain line number or start when a line matches a given string and
ends when it matches another given string.

What is the best way to do this? Please send examples.

Thanks

Scott