[HPADM] tcsh problem

From: Ernesto Freyre Ramírez (efreyre@isp.qnet.com.pe)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 11:10:31 EDT

Hi List!, recently I installed the tcsh shell to my HP-UX 11i from the file tcsh-6.10-11.20.depot that I downloaded from
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/tech_TechSoftwareDetailPage_IDX/1,1703,575,00.html

I installed it without major problems following the directives there shown, this was placed at /usr/local/bin/tcsh, this appears at the path, but when I invoked I get the message:

[HP-UX]# tcsh
sh: tcsh: Execute permission denied.

I verified, and more I changed the permissions to 777 for this file but nothing corrects the problem, please can someone give me some idea about what could be making bad? the properties of the file are:

-rwxrwxrwx 1 bin bin 747776 Jun 23 10:22 /usr/bin/tcsh

Thank you in advance.

Ernesto Freyre
Área de Operaciones
Qnet - Servicios Internet