[HPADM] synchronize two trusted hosts passwd files

From: Javier Zayas (javier_zayas@cuc.claremont.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 13:24:33 EDT

Hello Fellow Admins,

I have an HP N4000 running 11.x and an HP L2000 running the same OS. One is
our production server and the other is our testing/backup/DR server.
Unfortunately, I am only able to update the db info and system info on it
once a month. Part of my problem is that I have not been copying over the
passwd, group, and /tcb files from one system to the other. Would copying
these over create any problems for me when users go to log into the other
side? Is there any reason I can't just copy these files/dirs from one
machine to the other and expect the accounts to be available from one side
to the other? I need to be able to synchronize the accounts between hosts
and both systems are trusted systems. And no, we cannot use NIS or NIS+ in
our environment. Any ideas/suggestions??

Javier Zayas
System Administrator
ClaremontUniversity Consortium
javierz@cuc.claremont.edu