[HPADM] Alteon switches and load balancing with hp8400 & hp-ux 11i

From: Lee J Kendrick (lkendri2@csc.com)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 08:17:38 EDT

I have two 8400's running 11i. They have multiple NIC's with two cards on
each machine directly connected to two Alteon load balancing switches. If
I connect to the NIC's IP address I get a response but if I try to connect
to the virtual address of the Alteons I don't get a response at all. Ping
works, traceroute works if I use the "-i lanX" switch, the default gateway
is on the same LAN as the virtual address and the NIC's in question.

Any ideas why the virtual address doesn't work ? is it a routing issue do
you think ?

for such purpose.