[HPADM] [HPADMIN] hot-swap safety

From: Julius Szelagiewicz (julius@turtle.com)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 13:17:48 EDT

Dear Admins,
        In my production L2000, HP-UX 11.0 one of the disks in the root
volume group died. I have an email to that effect and "NO HW" from ioscan.
All the logical volumes in root pvg are mirrored, of course. The question
is how safe is the hot swap. I am attempting to run make_tape_recovery -A
but it seems to hang - probably because it is trying to talk to the failed
disk. I am somewhat suspicious of the ignite tapes I have (other tapes
from the same batch have failed miserably)
        Any ideas? Tia, julius