[HPADM] rp5470 memory

From: Terry Larson (terry.l@altatechnologies.com)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 13:55:52 EDT

Hello,

We are currently experiencing difficulty with an rp5470 memory upgrade. We
are attempting to max the memory at 16GB with 2048MB kits (1024MB dimms) on
two memory carriers. With both carriers installed the L3000 boots fine and
all hardware shows, but crashes upon shutdown -R or reboot.

I don't believe this is a firmware issue, as the original product is an
L3000 and not an upgraded server. Our concern is potentially a bad system
board, but would consider replacing that only as a last resort. Has anybody
experienced similiar problems or can anyone shed some light on potential
causes / solutions?

TIA

Terry