[HPADM] Summary: some issue with rsh

From: IlicR@stentor.ca
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 11:35:31 EDT

Thanks for response. Solutions is next:

Remote shell does execute the following path:
/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/bin/X11 ( from man remsh) nothing else.
Trick is to link your command into above path. I was really confused because
some of tham did
 work some of doesn't ( depends of link)?
When link is done properly all commands run. This was mistery number 1. Another
one was
regarding these files allowing usage of remote shell. Application owner home
directory is
placed on NFS nad does contain .rhosts. I was searching for that file locally.
Whatever
NFS fail their application stopped to work !?

======================================
question=======================================
 some issue with rsh

Hi all just short descriptions.

I did upgrade on 10.20 system to HP-UX 11.xx . Everything works fine with
exception of one old application connection that system using rsh.

Basically their work is pretty simple ( GUI based) , but I extract some
command line for testing see below for both environment:

for connecting 10.20

rsh /username=test/passwd=xxxxx hostname "ls -al" -->does work

for connecting system 11.xx

rsh /username=test/passwd=xxxxx hostname "ls -al" --> can't find ls

I did for some additional command. Looks like what is not readinf PATH at
all. There is no specific setting on old system , but still does work. On
new simple it doesn't recognize PATH and application fails. If you specify
full path it does work. I checked /etc/host.allow .rhosts and so on there is
nothing. Something must be pretty simple and obvious for everyone except me
!?

Any comment? Thanks in advance.