[HPADM] Ignite install issues

From: Julian Rogan (Julian.Rogan@Unilever.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 10:04:26 EDT

Hi,
I am attempting to install hpux 11.0 on a K460 from a newly installed
ignite server (also a K460).

I set up the Ignite server as described in the cookbook and attempted to
reboot and install the K460 client via ignite. Unfortunately I forgot that
I was logged into the ignite server from the client so when the client
rebooted the bootsys process on the server died.
When the client rebooted. it used the ignite modified boot string of "hpux
(;0)/stand/INSTALL"
During the boot the following occurred:

NOTE: Default (boot) source does not appear to be valid (or complete)
      Install source, switching source to Network.

Several message later it fails with:

"tftp> Transfer timed out
ERROR: Could not read /var/opt/ignite/INDEX from install tftp server."

This retries several times and then fails.

I tried to hardboot the client and boot from the lan using "boot
lan.130.24.207.42 install"

This then fails with "WARN 80F9 Cannot find ENTRY_TEST. Failed to
initialize"

tftp on the ignite server looks okay and has the relevant entries in
inetd.conf.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Julian