[HPADM] magneto-optical drive

From: Andreas Fischer (fischer@science-computing.de)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 08:54:37 EDT

Hello,

my system provides:
HP-UX 10.20
model: C3000
optical disk driver: HP C1113F SCSI Optical Disk Driver
MO-Device: hp surestore optical 9100mx

my problem:
I cannot create a file system on my magneto optical disk (brand new disk
) Whenever I try to
SAM --> Actions --> Add -->not using logical volume manager -->
defaults : hfs, read write,setuid, creating new Fs, mount now

I get the following message:

The command, newfs(1m), used to create a new file system on
/dev/rdsk/c2t4d0 has failed. The stderr output from the command is shwon
below

vxfs mkfs: read of lvm record failed

Does anybody have any idea why I encounter these problems?

I did not have any problems with the very first disk I created a New FS
on. But I failed with all the others.

I also changed the settings on the rear-side of the drive:
2 - optical memory device with write verify ON
0 - optical memory device with write verify OFF
1 - direct access deice with write verify OFF
3 - direct access deice with write verify ON

without any effect.

Thanks for your help!

Andreas