[HPADM] .history file summary

From: Ben Le (ble@pcc.edu)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 17:45:30 EDT

Thanks to:
Chris Wong
Illgen Steve
Robert.Binkley
David R Antoch
Allan.Marillier
Lowe, Stephen
Abramson, Stuart
and Others

Question:
Where do I find the limit size set for .history file so I can change it?
One of my power users is depending on his ".history" file of what he is
doing. When his .history file reaches to 60K, it starts the new .history
file (over wrote). Can I set the .history file size some where? Thanks.

Result:
export HISTSIZE=2000
(allow 2000 entries saved in .history file)

Benjamin Le
Sr. Systems Administrator
Information Technology Services
Portland Community College