[HPADM] Removing A3342A remote management card

From: Marcel Burggraeve (marcel@plusine.com)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 08:47:49 EDT

Hi to all,

Are there any known issues when replacing an A3342A remote management card
with an A4107A FWD interface ?
Currently we're having an A180C with a 4 port PCI Lan interface and an
A3342A.
We needed some extra diskspace and since we do not use the A3342A we
replaced it with an A4107A FWD interface.
According to the manual a mixture of PCI and HSC is possible if the HSC card
is placed in the bottom slot which we did.
However, the system ( running 11.i ) won't boot with the A4107A installed
and panics before booting.
The A4107A has just been tested in a D-Class and just works.

Do we need to perform some special tricks before removing the remote
management card ?

TIA

Marcel Burggraeve
Plusine B.V.