[HPADM] Summary: kernel parameters in Oracle environment

From: Krishnamurthy Chandrasekhar (krishnamurthychandrasekhar304@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 09:38:18 EDT

My original question

>rp8410 system, 12 CPU, 16 GB memory
>
>Looked through the archives, which has some discussions, but it is not
>clear whether they are valid for this configuration.
>
>We set up the kernel parameters as per the Oracle install guide, but
>had to make repeated changes after Oracle issues. I am looking for
>either a white paper or your suggestions on exactly what to set the
>kernel parameters to.
>
>Only one instance of Oracle will be running.
>
>KC/-

- - - - -
Many thanks to Stuart Abramson, Alex Vinson and David Totsch.

Inspite of lack of detail in my original question, I got exactly
what I was looking for, some example sysdef outputs. Obviously
their use depends upon system configuration, application usage,
HP-UX version, Oracle version and so on ...
We are just starting up and will after some time, collect
performance data and change various parameters as needed.
I just wanted to get past the default parameters that HP-UX
comes with, so that Oracle would run.

I have extracted the portion of the replies that provide the
kernel parameters. Please use carefully, as these may or may
not be relevant in your environment.

KC/-
- - - - -
example 1