[HPADM] re: ps scripting help

From: Ken Felmly (kfelmly@h40a.resva.trw.com)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 12:25:21 EDT

Hi again,
More information:
I have a 2-node cluster with 3 SIDs. 2 are 8.0.6 and 1 is 8.1.7. I
need to run 3 seperate listeners so that when any of the SIDs die, then
the adoptive node gets the SID with its associated listener. In other
words, when package 2 fails, I don't want the listener shutdown for the
other SIDs.

What I am confused about is that the ps -ef | grep -q returns a 0 for
running processes that end with the name I am grepping for where the
processes that have the name within the output (not the last field) it
returns a 1.

In essence a server could be running 3 different listeners on different
services ports and I don't want 1 package to shutdown all of the
listeners if the other 2 are ok.

Original post:
I am trying to run a monitor script that checks for all the Oracle sids
and the listener.

MUSTRUN = "ora_pmon ora_smon ora_lgwr LISTENER"
ALLPROCS=`ps -ef`

the ps -ef |grep -q " $Process$ returns a 0 for all the "ora_" but the
LISTENER returns a 1 blowing out the script.

Near as I can figure, the ps -ef only sees the last entry in the ps -ef
command (field 9).
When I put the word "-inherit" (field 10) the script returns a 0 for all
procs.

What am I missing?

Thanks