[HPADM] porting to new server

From: William Kung (KungW@franklin.edu)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 13:41:10 EDT

Dear HP sys admins,

  We have recently acquire a new HP9000 rp5470 running hpux 11i. I have 2 questions:

1. Our current HP9000 D370 is running HPUX 11 and I wanted to just transfer the users to the new machine. If I am not mistaken, I read a while back that I can just transfer the /etc/passwd, /etc/group, /home/<users>. Did I miss anything?

2. In the near future, we wanted to make the new server host name the same as the current host name (for an application license issus), is there a way other than re-installing the operating system?

Thank you in advance for any help. I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,

William Kung
614-341-6280
Programmer/Analyst