[HPADM] Re: MCSG package failover

From: Ken Felmly (kfelmly@h40a.resva.trw.com)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 13:03:18 EDT

I did this on the command line and this seems like it will work:

cmhaltpkg oracle_2
cmmodpkg -d -n node_2 oracle_2
cmmodpkg -e oracle_2

This will then start up on node_1; what I wanted.
oracle_3 is still running on node_2.

Now, where do I put these 3 lines: in /etc/cmcluster/oracle/oracle_2.cntl (the control script) or /etc/cmcluster/oracle/oracle_2.mon (the monitor script)?

Right now, the monitor script checks for running processes and if 1 dies, it initiates a package failover. So, I am thinking in the monitor script. Right?

What would I need to do to make oracle_2 run on node_2 again properly (fail back)?
cmmodpkg -e -n node_2 oracle_2 (however, I think that it does this in the package.conf file - AUTO_RUN = YES).

Original post:
I have a 2-node cluster:
Node_1 runs oracle_1 package and fails over to node 2.
Node_2 runs the oracle_2 and oracle_3 packages, each of which will failover to node_1.
The question is, without doing a 'haltnode' on node 2 (in my monitor script), I want to only failover 1 of the 2 packages and have it automatically start up on node_1.

This is for if only the one package fails. I don't want to failover the
3rd package if nothing is wrong with it.

My inclination is in the .mon script when a process dies:
cmhaltpkg -n node_2 oracle_2
cmmodpkg -e -n node_1 oracle_2
cmrunpkg -n node_1 oracle_2

My fear is that the .mon script will stop prior to executing these
commands (it is a service and gets killed when the package goes
down).

What am I missing?