[HPADM] Glance or top output to a file

From: R Scott Murray (rmurray7@csc.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 08:03:11 EDT

We need a way to run screen oriented utilities (such as top or glance plus
) via cron and redirect output to a file BUT in a way that does not contain
all of the terminal escape sequences. We have tried re-defining the
terminal to be a glasstty or teleprinter but then top and/or glanceplus
refuse to run. Is there a utility or setting that will capture screen
oriented output and translate it to carriage-returns and line feeds?

Thanks,
Scott Murray
Newark, Delaware